The Maxwell family have lived in Pollok House since the mid-13th-century. Three earlier castles were replaced by the present house (c1740) after consultation with William Adam. The house was extended in 1890 by Sir John Stirling Maxwell, and now contains an internationally famed collection of paintings as well as porcelain and furnishings appropriate to a country house of the Edwardian period. It is set within Pollok Country Park.
Performance information from: 0141 620 0473
| Venues | Photo Gallery | About Year's Charity | BBC Music Live | Obesa Home page | Contact |